4/30/12

Recipe: Smoked Salmon Salad

I just improvised this salad, and it turned out pretty, pretty, pretty good. Regan suggests I list the ingredients for my recipes first, so here is what you need:

6 oz. smoked salmon (I realize some of you will not be able to get good smoked salmon and I really do feel sorry for you. There is no substitute.) I bought some locally smoked wild sockeye.
2 large handfuls of arugula
1/2 cup each of spinach and radicchio
2 or 3 green onions
4 or 5 radishes
1/2 lemon
good glug of olive oil
dash or 2 of thyme, salt, pepper
1 tbs good quality mustard (I used Ba-Tampte delicatessen-style, but any decent mustard will do.)


Place your arugula in a bowl -- this is the main green of the event. You could stop here, but I added a little bit of thinly sliced baby spinach and radicchio. Chop a couple green onions and radishes, and add to the bowl. Drizzle in some olive oil, about half the juice of one lemon, a small spoon of mustard and give it a whirl. Sprinkle in some dried thyme, salt, and pepper. Break up some smoked salmon, and add it to the salad. Toast some bread -- I used Essential Bakery sourdough. That's about all there is to it. Scoop up some of the salad, and put it on the toast. 
Crack open a nice summer brew. If you can find this one, it is a beautiful accompaniment -- a limited time release brewed with parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme. Find yourself a groovy hammock, pull out your Simon and Garfunkel collection, and get ready for Scarborough Fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment