4/29/12

All that Jazzatronic!

Yesterday we located where Matt was at, and decided to try what has been regarded as one of Seattle's best food trucks. Where Ya At Matt is New Orleans-inspired cuisine, including different types of po' boys and other famous Cajun dishes from red beans and rice to jambalaya. They even have dessert covered with hot beignets, sweet potato pie, and coffee!
Regan and I shared the shrimp po' boy and a serving of red beans and rice. I've never been to New Orleans, so I'm not sure what counts as authentic, but I must say I love red beans and rice and it is always a good indicator of whether or not a Creole restaurant will be any good. Matt's red beans and rice were nothing special (kind of boring really) and didn't have much pizzazz in all that jazz. It wasn't bad, but it didn't make me want to dance nude with beads around my neck.
The shrimp po' boy was also decent, but not great enough to make me really care where Matt is at. It comes on a mediocre white roll with some tasty battered shrimp, pickles, tomatoes, and generous amounts of iceburg lettuce covered in a mayo-based sauce. This may be how they do these kinds of sandwiches down South, but I just was not all that thrilled with it. The truck was parked in an unlikely location, in a gas station parking lot near Magnolia, so we took our lunch to a lovely green space on Queen Anne hill and had an enjoyable picnic. I'm curious to try some other offerings from Matt and will likely return one day for some gumbo, cornbread, and a muffuletta. I really wanted to love this jazz, but it turns out it was a little more Kenny G. than Louis Armstrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment